The protection of your privacy and your personal data are important concerns for the law firm DURO & PARTNERS (” DURO & PARTNERS “) and that is why we care about the way your personal data is treated.
In its capacity as data controller, DURO & PARTNERS subscribes to the rules of personal data protection with the aim of transparency and trust towards the persons concerned.
Thus DURO & PARTNERS undertakes to describe you:
1. What personal data we collect about you
2. How we obtain your personal data
3. How we use your personal data
4. On what basis we use your personal data
5. How long we keep your personal data
6. With whom we share your personal data
7. How we protect your personal data
8. To which countries we transfer your personal data
9. Your rights regarding your personal data
1. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The personal data collected are limited to those necessary to achieve the purposes identified by DURO & PARTNERS.
DURO & PARTNERS may collect personal data about you in the course of its activities, in particular when you use its website, when you contact or request information, when you hire its legal or other services.
The personal data that DURO & PARTNERS processes includes:
- personal identification data (e.g. name, date and place of birth, address, telephone number, email address);
- bank and financial identification data (e.g. bank account number) ;
- data related to the patrimonial situation (e.g. income, loans, assets) .
2. OBTAINING PERSONAL DATA
DURO & PARTNERS obtains personal data in various ways:
- When and during the relationship (mandate contract, representation contract);
- When using the website through email communications sent to DURO & PARTNERS;
- When submitting an application for a salaried job or collaboration contract.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
DURO & PARTNERS collects and processes personal data about you in various ways, including through your use of our website and in the provision of our services.
DURO & PARTNERS uses this information to:
- Provide and improve its services to you;
- Provide you with the information you have requested;
- Send you legal updates and newsletters;
- Fulfil its legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including establishing, exercising or defending your rights;
- Proceed with recruitment.
4. BASIS FOR THE USE OF PERSONAL DATA
DURO & PARTNERS uses your personal data on the following bases:
- An agreement to enter into a relationship or a mandate agreement to provide you with legal or other services;
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of claims or legal proceedings;
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations, particularly in the fight against money laundering.
5. RETENTION PERIOD OF PERSONAL DATA
DURO & PARTNERS keeps your personal data in accordance with its legal obligations or for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
These periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and on the purpose of their collection and use, taking into account legal and regulatory requirements to retain information for a minimum period, limitation periods, and good practices.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
DURO & PARTNERS may share your personal data with certain trusted third parties, in particular:
- Suppliers to whom DURO & PARTNERS subcontracts the translation of documents;
- Third parties engaged within the framework of the services that DURO & PARTNERS provides to its clients and with their prior consent, such as lawyers, local legal advisors, bailiffs.
In some cases, personal information may also be shared with regulators, courts and state agencies. In these cases DURO & PARTNERS will make every effort to inform you in advance unless DURO & PARTNERS is legally prevented from doing so.
7. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
DURO & PARTNERS uses various technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
The physical premises as well as the computer system of DURO & PARTNERS are secured and equipped with anti-intrusion systems.
8. COUNTRIES TO WHICH PERSONAL DATA MAY BE TRANSFERRED
In order to provide its services, DURO & PARTNERS may transfer your personal data to sites located outside the country. This may involve transferring your information to a country within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) outside the EEA, or from outside the EEA to a country within the EEA.
The level of information protection in non-EEA countries may be lower than that offered in the EEA. In this case, DURO & PARTNERS takes appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Where DURO & PARTNERS third-party service providers process personal data outside the EEA in connection with the provision of services, DURO & PARTNERS written agreement with them will include appropriate measures, usually standard contractual terms.
9. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The European Regulation (2016/679) on data protection provides certain rights for data subjects:
- the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, to obtain a copy of this data;
- the right to request the rectification or updating of your personal data, if you consider that they are incomplete or incorrect;
- the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data, unless a legitimate reason justifies their retention;
- the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data unless a legitimate reason prevails over your interests and your rights and freedoms;
- the right to request the limitation of the processing of your personal data;
- the right to the portability of certain personal data, i.e. to receive them in a structured format commonly used, readable by machine in order to transmit them to another Data Controller.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned above, you can send your request by email or post to the following address:
10-12, rue Nicolas Adames
Tel : (352) 26 25 46 – 1
Fax : (352) 26 25 83 86
Mail : email@example.com
Your objection (or withdrawal of any consent previously given) may mean that DURO & PARTNERS is unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes stated above (see “3. use personal data”).